General Principle of Wet Drum Separator
The liquid flows through a semicircular separating chamber beneath a stainless steel drum to which the magnetisable particles are attracted. The strong, high-gradient magnetic field is created by a cylinder consisting of permanent magnetic discs positioned within the drum. These special permanent magnets generate particularly high field gradients which are necessary for successful separation, as is the need with all magnetic separators.
For recovering magnetic / ferrosilicon in dense media plants and iron ores wet drum separators are primarily used. They remove contaminants from the product stream, increasing product purity and plant productivity. In the applications where the product purity is most essential the wet drum separators can use powerful rare earth magnets which can remove very fine and weak contaminants even from dense materials
How Wet Drum Separator Works:
The liquid flows through a semicircular separating chamber beneath a stainless steel drum gather is a semicircular separating chamber through which the liquid flows. The cylinder consisting of permanent magnetic discs are positioned within the drum to which the magnetizable particles are attracted. By rotating the drum, the filter cake is lifted out of the slurry and the magnetic field.
Features of Wet Drum Separator
1. Wet drum magnets have high magnetic recovery and discharge.
2. The feed slurries recover the magnetics.
3. Available in single or multiple drum applications.
4. Recover magnetic solids in as clean a magnetic concentrate as possible.
5. Permanent magnet assembly eliminates coil burn-outs.
6. The magnet / pole elements are bolted to a mild steel shaft.
7. The drum is made from thick stainless steel for long service life.
Wet drum separators are available in different configuration like single drum, double drum and multiple drum. In double drum two separators are arranged back to back with a common feed back.
Application Areas of this Wet Drum Separator Are :
1. Glass industry
2. Chemical industry
3. Plastic industry
4. Mining industry
5. Food industry
6. Pharmaceuticals industry
7. Foundry industry
Wet drum separator has following advantages for the buyers :
1. The separator provides minimum wear on the cylinder.
2. The materials are return to the feed point automatically.
3. It has the high magnetic solid discharge.
4. It can also handle heavy magnetic load.
5. Wet drum separator has wide industrial usage.